Thursday, June 13, 2013

AT THE TOP: BURJ KHALIFA

The BURJ KHALIFA is a skyscraper in Dubai,and is the tallest man made structure in the world!!!!!
(Model picture)
Burj Khalifa was designed to be the centerpiece of a large-scale, mixed-use development that would include 30,000 homes, nine hotels (including The Address Downtown Dubai), 3 hectares (7.4 acres) of parkland, at least 19 residential towers, the Dubai Mall, and the 12-hectare (30-acre) man-made Burj Khalifa Lake.

This building is named BURJ KHALIFA in honour of the UAE President KHALIFA Bin ZAYED Al NAHYAN.

There are so many interesting facts about this huge achievement that I can't even list them down.
But i bet, you will surely be amazed when you check Wikipedia about all the records this tower has bagged up for itself.

My Visit to this fantabulous place:

We had already booked the tickets online,costed 130dhs per person.But if you get it right there it will cost you some 400dhs I guess.
Had to walk alot right from Dubai mall to The Burj Khalifa. The malls, I must say, are so huge here, you can never complete walking through the entire mall in a day.
This is what I came accross in Dubai mall. It's a beautiful Bride.!!!! awwww!!!

I stood there and clicked her pic,as if she was some great celeb.Yet,every girl is no less a celeb on her wedding day!! you have to agree :)


Here are my tickets.


We had to wait .. :( So,this is what they have setup at the waiting area.

This is the picture displayed there including all the tallest buildings around the world,among which quite visibly,the BURJ KHALIFA stands out.
The model has a display of few interesting facts about the tower at the bottom.One I remember is that the BURJ KHALIFA has 57 elevators!!!!

Soon I got the entry,at the entrance itself these people click a picture for you which you can buy later on your way back.
Now the journey starts!!!
All throughout the way the walls had a display of either the images of the great building or the amazing facts about it.I was glaring at everything as if I was to an alien land.


Got into the elevator, as it went up, I could feel my heart throbbing faster than ever,,,i just kept staring 64-72-89-93-100-115-124 STOP
My ears could feel it all,as I felt them going deaf after a gap of seconds.

So, I was AT THE TOP!!!!! Yipppppeeeeee !!!!

Can u make out the shadow of the tower?? This was around 5pm.

The teel colour area is the place where the fountain show is held every evening.
And this show is worth watching, music touching your heart, but the water dancing to it! Beautiful is the word.


I think all these taller buildings you see are from 20-40 floors.And I was at 124th. :)


This is the rest of the tower above the 124th floor,It is so tall!!!!!

You also have this great machine there.
With this, you can get the historic view, as well as night view and a live view of everything around the BURJ KHALIFA. I could see the Sheikh Zayed road,also Satwa and Jumeirah from right here.

They also have a shop on this floor that has mostly souvenirs,,and also books,bags,chocolates,pens,pencils etc.


I picked up some chocloates from Ronda.
I am so fond of mugs,coffee mugs,so I had to pick this very pretty ceramic mug.

This was all about what i got to see there,my legs cursed me alot for all the pain,but i finally did enter the world record breaking building!!! 


Keep exploring. keep experiencing!!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment