My mom is that lady who has magic in her hands, especially when it comes to cooking.
She is a brilliant cook, and an awesome human!! I love it when people say I am just like my mom.
- Like others beans,green gram is a rich source of low fat protein
- It has a healthy amino acid profile
- High in fibre.
- Low gycemic.
- Also it is used to cure fevers
Let's start to make our cheela.
- 1 medium bowl sprouted green gram/ overnight soaked green gram beans.
- Green chillies 4-5(if you prefer spicy)
- Ginger garlic paste
- cooking oil.
- Grind the green gram and empty it in a bowl.Use very little water if needed.
- Now,grind the coriander,the chillies, and salt together.Use some water if needed.
- Add this to the green gram alongwith salt,according to taste.
- Add about quarter cup of water for a good consistency.The mixture would look like this.
- Heat your frying pan properly.it would be great if you have a nonstick one.
- Use a round shaped shallow spoon to pour the batter on the pan and spread it evenly into round shape.
- Put very little amount of oil throughout the sides of the cheela, and cover it with a lid.(The heat should be between medium and low flame).
- This is done to prevent the cheela to stick to the pan,making it easier to flip.
- After a minute uncover the pan,and check whether the lower layer of cheela is brown.If yes,flip it for the other side to get heated.The other side hardly needs few seconds.
- The green gram cheela is ready.
- Serve it with tomato ketchup or indian pickles.It's so soft and crispy too at the same time.
You can see in the picture,one side of the cheela looks brown,and the other looks green.*Add salt cautiously ,alot of salt will spoil the taste completely, so add little by little after tasting the batter or mixture.
*If your cheela is breaking up on the pan,you can add a tablespoon of gram floor to the batter and try again .
*Also for each cheela try to use oil lesser than a teaspoon.
*Few people complain that their stomach gets upset on consuming green gram,so don't try this if you have this problem.
Hope u like it!!
Eat healthy,Stay fit!!