Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Cake Custard: Recipe

Ramadan Mubarak to all!!!!

It's Ramadan so i don't think there is any need to specify what importance does food keep in this month.
Yes, we do fast for 15 hours here in Dubai, but believe me,,as soon as we break the fast,, we all hogg like we just never saw food before!!! LOL

Back at my home in Pune ,my mom again I would mention is an amazing cook,, we used to have a great month, Mom used to cook so many things each day, I remember how my siblings and me used to eat so bad, we couldn't even move my body much then,and sometimes used to end up laughing at each other's situation.
*I guess that pretty much happens with you guys too?? Don't you give that cunning smile...

I would try my best to share few recipes that I cook in Ramadan.

Here is a very simple and presentable sweet dish which is called Cake Custard



Mouth watering right???
So better try it yourself.


Ingredients:

Custard Powder (4 tbsp)
Milk (1 litre)
Chocolate Sponge cake
Chickoo or Mango
Rose Syrup and Dry fruits for garnishing.

Serves 8


See I told you,the list is so small,!!

Method:

  • Take a small bowl, add 4 tbsp of custard powder and 6 tbspn of milk to it(taken from the 1 litre milk).Mix well avoiding the formation of clumps.
  • Keep the rest of the milk to boil.
  • By then, peel and chop mangoes or chickoos in tiny pieces.
  • Once the milk comes to bowl, lower the flame to minimum, and slowly add the custard mixture to it,stirring gradually, again avoid formation of clumps.
  • Keep stirring for 3-5 minutes and switch off the flame. Let the custard cool for half an hour.
  • Now take the serving bowls, and first add around a tbsp of chopped mangoes or chickoos to every bowl.
  • Cut the sponge cake into squares,size should be enough to oocupy the circular base of the bowl.I am not a professional chef,so can't exactly give the dimensions.Place 1piece in every bowl over the chopped fruit.(You can make out the size in the above pic)
  • Pour the custard into the bowl,over the cake,filling 3/4th of the bowl.
  • Garnish with rose syrup,sliced almonds,pistachio and raisins.
  • Keep in the refrigerator for an hour before serving,This will help the cake absorb some custard.(Toally depends how good the cake is)
* If I don't have enough time i make this a night before.
* You can also cut the cake into very small pieces and add them in good amount instead of using a square piece. Because sometimes my family likes mixing the entire bowl,the cake almost tries to dissolve in the custard,then they eat it.


These are my bowls,,

Please do try it for Iftehaar and let me know how it is with you comments.

And for those who message me that they liked my post,please comment below also :)


Eat Yummy, Look Yummy!!!
Thats a sick tagline.


No comments:

Post a Comment